Firebird Nation banner

94 Firebird, flooding out

928 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Injuneer 
#1 ·
94 Firebird, 3.4 litre engine, 163K. Ran fine, had small oil leak at filler neck. Replaced grommet, washed motor, now will only start when stone cold. If I try to start after running it, even for a short time, it is flooding out and will only start if I hold the pedal to the floor. Then it runs rich and finally will smooth out. Tested ignition module, thinking I got it wet and cracked, tests good repeatedly. Replaced coil packs, no difference. Definitely not spark related.Thoughts? Good car, want to fix...Thanks gang!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Gang,

Been on the road all week, but got home this morning and immediately pulled the connector. It was dry, but it has been a week. It did appear that water had gotten into it, so I put a dab of dielectric grease in, reconnected it and started the car. I let it warm up, and shut it off. Went to start it again, and.....fired right up! Did this 4 times, no issues. Thanks for the help!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.