Firebird Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 76 Formula is having some problems as of recently with its brake lights. It has tail lights, turn signals, and hazards, but no brake lights. I've checked bulbs but not much after that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the brake light switch. It is up under the dash where the top of the brake pedal can make contact with the switch.
I have replaced the switch cause the old one was bad. I checked the new one. Its all good. There also is power to the connection where the rear harness connects.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would go right to the brake light sockets with a voltmeter while someone is pressing on the brake pedal. At least you can verify if the problem is no ground, or no +12 volts hot is what is keeping the lights from coming on. Then trace back what you find (no hot or no ground) is keeping the lights from working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would go right to the brake light sockets with a voltmeter while someone is pressing on the brake pedal. At least you can verify if the problem is no ground, or no +12 volts hot is what is keeping the lights from coming on. Then trace back what you find (no hot or no ground) is keeping the lights from working.
Ill see if I can get a buddy and ill try it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seriously have no idea what this is. I have turn signals and taillights but i have no brake lights. Theres power getting to the clip that the harness plugs into in the trunk but no farther. Im starting to go crazy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys good news. I took the car to my great uncle (pontiac expert as long as hes been around) and he fixed it. Something in the column was out of a different car or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd love to hear what the problem was specifically - I have the same problem. Hazards and turn signals work... but no stop lights. Brake light switch is good - it is the type with two pigtail connectors. One connector has an orange wire and a white wire. No voltage at either one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.