Firebird Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? Apparently the 76 bushings are different from the rest. None of these links go anywhere.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spent time with Doug at Global West Suspension, he suggested ordering their kit 806. Says its a solid mount system and he acted like he understood the setup i have with a 76. Considering going this route.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NPD says to use kit c-9023-214A which is a Rubber kit and looks close to working/fitting on their web site. Funny thing the picture says that it is a kit from Global West Suspension so i convinced Doug from GWS to take a look and he says they do not make that kit.
WTF is the deal here?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered 3.414 kit from Energysystemparts.com after confirming the part number. Have discovered that kits raidiator support mount appears to be incorrect as evident the sleeve wont fit. Going to call the manufacturer tomorrow after sending picks in today.
Can someone verify that the 76 only model year mounts the core support differently than the rest of the years.
I have since discovered National Parts Depot shows a kit for 76 only that looks closer to correct. C-9023-214A,

·
Registered
899 Posts
3.4144? Energy Suspension? I thought 76 may be an odd year for bushes, rear matches 77-81 but core support matches perhaps 73-76. But not sure. Check the components for the different years for the core support only.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally i have come up with the correct part number for the one inch hole in the radiator support body mount kit from Energysystemparts.com , 3.4157 ,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mysef would recommend not to trust anything I say untill I get the new kit and see if it fits or not. I dont know what the deal is. Just hope a 75 and 76 lay on top of the subframe similar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been looking over the diagrams. Energy Suspension sent me a email stating probably will need to use the rear two sets from kit 3.4144 and the front raidiator mount from kit 3.4157. Summit Racing is sending the 4157 kit, be here Friday.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I like that, probably. How many years have they been selling these and saying what they will and won't fit. Well, that's after the Nova mount fiasco in Firebirds that they were trying to cover up.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Check the Tech Articles, 2nd Gen, Master List. There is a GM part number list there.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I already looked it all up. Radiator support bushes were the same from 67-76, 77+ changed. Hopefully that's the difference you'll find in extra kit. ES need to address this decades after they issued their kit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3.4144? Energy Suspension? I thought 76 may be an odd year for bushes, rear matches 77-81 but core support matches perhaps 73-76. But not sure. Check the components for the different years for the core support only.
So the bushings out of the 3.4144 kit, 76-81,are the ones to use for the rear?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yes, they should fit the revised subframe that uses the exhaust cat. The ES instructions should also list if the rears of theirs are indeed different between the 2, not just the placement, or if the only different between the 2 is the radiators support.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On their web, ES, when you go to the specific part numbers 3.4157 and then look at 3.4144 in the installation instructions, the fronts and rears are different. My Raidiator uses a 7/16 bolt which is in kit 3.4157. The rears use same polys between the two but there is a difference i have seen with the sleeves. They are differences between the #2 and #3 positions parts used in each case.

·
Registered
899 Posts
All good, I know the arrangement is different, wider frame but unsure if bushes affected. Would be good if you could simply return the later version kit but not much luck if you still need some of each.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts