Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My car seems to have this habit of fixing itself the more you drive it. When i wpuld turn the headlights on they would both come on fairly bright. Just now though i noticed only the right bulb came on. I pushed the button under the parking break which before would switch the lights on and off but now when i press it the left bulb lights up and the right one gets brighter. My 79 firebird did something similar woth the high/low beam. Is this a problem or how its supposed to be, and if its just how it is how likely is it that a cop would give me problems?

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Not having the headlights working correctly is an invitation to get pulled over.

Time to check out the system. Start with the change over switch. Make sure that when headlight change over switch is in either low beam or high beam position that power is leaving switch on correct wire. We have 75 wiring diagrams in both 2nd gen tech section and regular 2nd gen section.

If battery voltage is leaving the change over switch, then make sure you have battery voltage at the headlight connectors.

If battery voltage not at headlight connectors, you will have to trace the wires & connectors between the change over switch and the headlight connector.

All the wires that go from engine compartment to rest of car, go through the bulkhead connector on drivers side of firewall. You could be losing voltage there if there's a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts