Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever install these? How many degrees do you have to rotate the bar? It appears to me it would have to go 360. I can put it on the 3rd notch by hand and it will hold the hing up, but with lid on it does not hold up. Hard to image rotating it 360, but only logical way I can think of. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have one to but have no idea how it goes in. I thought that it just went into the trunk lid holes. It's almost looks too simple. LOL

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Check the Tech Articles, 1st Gen. There is a 69 Service Manual and a Fisher Body Manual in there. One of the 2 should have directions on how to install it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured this out if you ever have to do this. You could probably find someone that has built 200 engines, but probably never removed or installed trunk torsion bars on a 69 Firebird. Anyway the answer is, if it seems you have to rotate the rods 360 degrees to get enough tension, then you have the wrong rods in the wrong side. Flip them over and you only have to rotate 180 degrees. They also tuck up under the deck properly now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts