Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became the owner of a '67 Firebird (really my wife did, but for arguments sake, lets go with it). It is in storage, and has been for about four years or so (since it was last on the road and running in 2011). To the best of my knowledge it was originally a "400" , but has had an after market rebuilt 455 'crate' motor installed about 4 years ago as an "upgrade".

The interior looks original, and is a bit, shall I say, crinkly.

I am reluctant to try starting it. I was doing a 'pre-check' to see if it had anti-freeze and oil, but the crap after market chrome dipstick was only 4" long, the rest of it being lost in the oil pan I can only presume.

Do I have to pull the motor to retrieve the missing end of the dipstick? I know if I can get her running she'll be worth a lot more.

Otherwise, I'm looking for ideas on what it may be worth as is?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to FBN!!

You should be able to drop the oil pan and get enough clearance to remove the dip stick. You should change all the fluids, prior to running it anyway.

Its impossible to place a value on it without a whole lot more information and pics, even then it's just our opinion. Check the build plates and build sheets if you have them and find out what you have, if its rare or like most, just an average bird. You can then check craigslist or ebay for vehicles in similar condition and that should get you in the ball park. Just remember any vehicle is only worth what the new buyer is willing to pay, whether its over/under or at market values.

Do post many detailed pics and more information, you may just find a buyer on this site!!

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here and congrats on the new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts