Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this forum and im in need of major help. Ready to get my car back on the road! I have (5 pontiac firebird formula with the LT1 in it. im attempting to swap out the 4L60 that is in it now to a short tail TH350. i know i need to replace the output shaft but dont know what length i need and also i need a spacer to go inbetween the transmission and the tail housing. im trying to swap the tail housings so i can use the bracket to bolt up to the arm that goes to my rear end. several forums ive read say this is the set up i need but ive been looking for hours for the adapter and output shaft length i need and cant find it. any help would be much appreciated!!

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Ive done this before. did it in an 86 IROC. I hated life after that. No OD sux bad unless its a straight up drag car.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-329900?seid=srese1&gclid=CK3135DXmskCFQobaQodeW4FgQ

The 9" version of the TH350 has the correct shaft in it already, just use the spacer and your original tail housing and it will fit. The spacer also relocates the mount to the correct spot.

You can probably get just the spacer, but will have to have a trans shop get it for you as I couldnt locate a link for just the spacer either.

I'd buy the TCI kit as you will need the kick down cable, and DS tube. Your original drive shaft will fit just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would i be able to use the kick down cable on the LT1? ive been told i would have to maunually shift down using my colum

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
on a TH350, its not necessary since the vacuum modulator determines line pressure unlike the 700/4L60 that rely on the TV cable for line pressure management.

Yours being a 95 should have the 4L60E in it though? may still have the bracket on the throttle but not sure. If it does then the kickdown cable will fit right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts