Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
964 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not sure why the year would make a difference. There's A/C or Heavy duty and non-A/C. If it's an original 350 then it would be a '77 model being one year only. I thought in later years the longer pump became almost standard especially with smog pumps but seems a few exceptions always around. Link doesn't work here, does it say why they think the pumps are different based on year? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a different engine listed. There were both 350 Olds and Pontiac engines used in a 77 Firebird.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
There is definitely a difference in 77 and 78 and with A/C and without A/C.

77 with A/C

Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Bell Font

77 without A/C

Camera accessory Bicycle part Rim Cameras & optics Auto part

And 78 water pump.

Font Auto part Bicycle part Rim Metal

His picture looks like the 77 without A/C to me.

I think the 77 with A/C and a 78 with A/C are the same for Pontiacs but undoubtedly there is a difference in the olds model.

The 77 Olds w/p are different whether they have A/C or not and whether they have a heavy duty W/P or standard.

The pics look the same for Vin code "R" but they have different part #'s.

Bicycle part Camera accessory Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment Rim

Bicycle part Rim Font Automotive wheel system Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanx heaps guys, yeh, it had air con but i removed it & the smog pump, does that make a diffrence?to what water pump i should get? I wont be using either again, car is deffinatly a 77 but weather the motor is original or a transplant? Im not sure, Cheers

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Any of these 3 should work. They are all for Olds 350 with A/C so they should be a direct fit.

These are from Rockauto.com but can probably get them from anywhere like your local parts store.

Rectangle Water Parallel Font Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I don't thing any firebirds came with the olds 350 they came with the olds 403

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.