Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is there a diffrence between he years? my supplier tells me that 77 & 78 model years are diffrent? mine has the 1 heater hose outlet & a short hose to the thermostate housing. any1 recommend somewhere to get a replacement. pics attached, Thanx Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design

Attachments

·
Premium Member
964 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Not sure why the year would make a difference. There's A/C or Heavy duty and non-A/C. If it's an original 350 then it would be a '77 model being one year only. I thought in later years the longer pump became almost standard especially with smog pumps but seems a few exceptions always around. Link doesn't work here, does it say why they think the pumps are different based on year? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a different engine listed. There were both 350 Olds and Pontiac engines used in a 77 Firebird.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
There is definitely a difference in 77 and 78 and with A/C and without A/C.

77 with A/C

Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Bell Font

77 without A/C

Camera accessory Bicycle part Rim Cameras & optics Auto part

And 78 water pump.

Font Auto part Bicycle part Rim Metal

His picture looks like the 77 without A/C to me.

I think the 77 with A/C and a 78 with A/C are the same for Pontiacs but undoubtedly there is a difference in the olds model.

The 77 Olds w/p are different whether they have A/C or not and whether they have a heavy duty W/P or standard.

The pics look the same for Vin code "R" but they have different part #'s.

Bicycle part Camera accessory Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment Rim

Bicycle part Rim Font Automotive wheel system Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanx heaps guys, yeh, it had air con but i removed it & the smog pump, does that make a diffrence?to what water pump i should get? I wont be using either again, car is deffinatly a 77 but weather the motor is original or a transplant? Im not sure, Cheers

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Any of these 3 should work. They are all for Olds 350 with A/C so they should be a direct fit.

These are from Rockauto.com but can probably get them from anywhere like your local parts store.

Rectangle Water Parallel Font Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I don't thing any firebirds came with the olds 350 they came with the olds 403

1 - 9 of 9 Posts