Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 firebird with a 3.4l just replaced the head gaskets and all the other gaskets. Thinking about deleting the egr. Anyone know where I can get a good kit from?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you live in a state that does emissions inspections, you will probably not pass...

That being said, I have done the EGR Delete, and from personal experience there was ZERO performance gain form it. The only reason I did it was because I installed Pacesetter Headers, and the EGR tube came apart in my hands.on removal, plus I was getting EGR SES code forever.

You have 2 options for an EGR delete kit:

1) You can buy block off plates. I got mine from eBay, but Hawks Third Gen has some nice billet ones if your keeping up on your detailing.

2) You can make them yourself... there are a few people out there who have gotten creative with beer/soda cans, tin snips, and a drill. Youtube is full of people making EGR block offs with Keystone Light cans... and those are the guys that need their own DIY show.

You can also get rid of the whole EGR bracket, free up a few inches under the hood, but will need to fabricate a mount for the oil dipstick.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No Problem,

One other thing I forgot to mention, in addition to gain zero performance, I lost about 1 to 2 MPG. Not a huge deal, but I can't really see a point with removing it unless your trying to free up engine space and do some detailing to make it look visually appealing. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts