Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ! I'm new to the forum and I'm having a problem with my 2002 trans am check engine light not working.. I turn the key on and all the lights light up (warning lights) except the check engine light... I changed the cluster and that fixed my problem but about a week later the same thing happened no check engine light. I know the car has a bad 02 sensor so the light should be on all the time and it don't even come on when I first turn the key. If anyone knows what this could be or if anyone has had this happen please let me know ! Thanks

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
I can think of 2 possibilities for the blown led. (1) the led in the used cluster was ready to burn out. (2) The more likely cause would be over voltage to led. Led's run on lower voltage than battery and alt put out. So they are either made with a resistor built in, or are fed a lower voltage. Usually between 1.5 to 3.5 volts or there abouts.

So get the 2002 wiring diagrams. They are available in the tech section in either 2002 service manual. Or in the 99-02 wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply sea dog. I just don't understand why it would only burn out that 1 led in the cluster ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts