Firebird Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Firebird, and it will not stay started. I know it has a misfire, the code said cylinder 4. It ran a little rough but never died and I've had the car for over a year. It has a new starter.

Today in the middle of the road it died and I haven't been able to get it started since. It has gas, so that's not the issue. If I hold it it will crank forever with but won't start, but when I do get it to start it dies IMMEDIATELY. Even if I hold my foot on the gas, nothing. I unplugged the MAF and still same thing. I also switched around the relays to no avail. I don't know what to do, it's sitting in a parking lot of a fire station and I have 24 hours to move it. Any ideas??

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
Bryce, I hate to inform you of this rule, but the powers that be at firebird nation frown on double posting. I answered your other thread with what I believe will be your answer to the problem.

So if you would, please delete one of the threads. If delete is not available because too much time has passed since posting, contact one of the moderators or admins. They can delete it for you.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,425 Posts
Just to clarify why we do not want the same topic posted on multiple forums... it's not because we want to give you a hard time, or bust your 'nads....

In this example, you already got a very good answer from "sea dog" in your post on "Fourth Generation....". Someone else may come to this thread, and give you the same answer, sort of wasting their time. And, when all the answers are in one thread, people can integrate the information from others and your responses, and steer the conversation in the right direction.

In the end, you will have a better chance of solving your problem with all the responses and discussions in one thread.

In this case, I can see the urgency of your problem, and the need to solve it quickly. I will move the response you got above in this thread to the other thread, and close this one.

Reactions: 88birdman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.