Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2000 Firebird (V6 Auto) The only way i can open my hood is if I pull the interior release and some one pushing the hood open at the same time. I believe I need a new hood latch/lock and exterior release for it but I can't find it anywhere on the web. Does anyone know where I can get one or know of anything that will fit? Also it could but a problem with the cable because the hood doesn't pop open when its pulled there is some play without pulling the release but pulling up on the hood itself when its down. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
have you tried to clean all the mechanisms on the hatch mounted in the front of the car? i'd clean it well, and re-lubricate. that may solve your problem.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
There should be some type of spring on the mechanism that pushes hood up when hood release is pulled. Without this spring pressure it's very hard to get hood to release from latch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should be some type of spring on the mechanism that pushes hood up when hood release is pulled. Without this spring pressure it's very hard to get hood to release from latch.
It release just fine if someone holds the release in the car and someone pulls the hood open. if not it stays locked, I got to actually looking at it and realize there isn't even a safety catch (pretty sure it didn't come like that factory not sure why there isn't one). so I'm thinking its the cable or the latch itself causing it. So I think if nothing else works that I try I'm just gonna go to a salvage yard and get the parts or order them if i for some reason can't find the part at a yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts