Firebird Nation banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1997 firebird 3.8 Y87 5 spd
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
lil bit of maintenance in these days, cleaned for good some of the grounds in the engine bay. runs smoother now, windows are faster and so on. gonna change engine oil and filter soon.

267500km on it now, still my DD

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
How did your rear brake pad issue turn out? I don’t remember seeing if you solved the problem. Going to have a really nice car!
you are right, i changed the break caliper a couple of weeks ago and i forgot to post updates. looks like it's running fine now. having much more voltage helped the brake light to stay off, and abs is now working properly.
too bad my tech 2 scan tool got lost somewhere during shipping (got refunded though).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
today I've been driving this Pontiac for 3 years as a DD. drove about 20000 miles. the idea is to keep as a DD "for life".
the only weak spots i find are the car being so big compared to European cars which means i constantly get bashed in parking lots, and finding a parking spot is pretty hard. also, not having a rear wiper makes things harder.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
hi all,
smaller updates:
1) installed the zzp alternator wire, got a lil bump in voltage (not as much as i expected );
2)finally adjusted the driver door window, way less water entering my car now, pretty happy about it. i'll do the pass side too.

270k km on it today, engine is burning an insane amount of oil and it's smoking very badly. sooner or later it's gonna need to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
i adjusted the passenger window and t-top too, there are only a few drops of water that are getting into the car now. it ain't perfect, but it's so much better than what it was.
also the zzp alternator wiring it's actually not bad. gauge won't show any more voltage, but electric stuff works better now. windows are much faster for example.

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,762 Posts
Keep up the good work tommy. On the oil issue, I think sooner is cheaper than later. If you have big plans for the rebuild, I say drive it harder and more frequently. ...which I guess is still sooner.

Reactions: tommy vercetti

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
hi all, lil more maintenance yesterday :
maf , iat , air intake screen, air filter and iac are now super clean and properly operating. car seems to be running way smoother now.

found engine oil into the air intake though...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

just installed this t-top sticker. yup, it's upside down, i like it more this way because the wing covers my face from the sun.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Hand Gesture Finger Nail Wrist

my spark plugs look really bad again,
just placed the order for mahle valve seals and i'm gonna attempt to change them with the heads still bolted in...
it simply smokes too much from the exhaust from burned oil.

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,762 Posts
NASTY! Good luck with the seals, I'm sure you'll get through it just fine though. I considered doing the same thing but I'm not confident enough in my skills and I don't burn that much oil. ...yet.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts