Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 1997 firebird formula it seems to me the cowl I think you call it's the black cover top along top edge is leaking water on top of engine is there a seal or something I can do about this?

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,403 Posts
There should be a thick black weather strip sitting flat on the leading metal edge of the cowl. That seals against the bottom of the hood. I removed mine briefly, thinking it would run cooler at the track by letting the hot air out. But when it rained, water poured in, particularly onto the PCM. If you need a photo I can post on later when I'm on my PC. You can see a small version in the pic on the right side of my signature.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,403 Posts
Don't know the part #, and don't know if GM still sells it. There is a parts manual somewhere on this site.... can't remember where. And online auto parts vendors like Nally have detailed parts listing that graphically show the part, part number, whether its available in OEM and/or aftermarket.

You can see it in this photo. It attaches with plastic push pins through the lip at the rear of the strip.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts