Firebird Nation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again firebird friends. I long for the day that there isnt anything wrong with my firebird, but it would appear that day is not today. When i bought this car, every now and again the oil pressure sensor would leak just a drop or two of engine oil but i didnt pay it any attention. It would appear that was a mistake, the leak has rapidly accelerated to the point now where its about a drop a second of oil coming out just at idle. The really bad part about this is its leaking right onto the exhaust and burning up. Could this simply be a seal issue, or do i need a new sensor? I dont feel safe driving my car further than a few miles in its current state (if i drive it long enough i have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get out of it) and i really need to fix this before i drive it again. So i guess what i would like to know is: how to properly remove and replace the sensor, how to seal it, and anything i might be able to do to seal the leaky sensor temporarily while i wait for a new one to come in. Thanks in advance guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts