Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doors were sagging and not closing properly so I replaced the door hinge pins/bolts. Than I decided to take care of the gaps between the doors and fenders from whatever body shop did the body work.

After aligning doors and fenders it became winter and I had to park the car. I was never able to get the hood centered between the fenders at that time. When I want to pop the hood it takes 2 people to shut it as I left the bolts loosened.

It is now springish and I would like to get that taken care of. The problem is that the hood overlaps the bumper regardless of adjustment. Does the front bumper require some movement to align the other body parts?

I opened a can of worms by simply replacing the door pins. I may as well remove all parts and get a good look at the front inners. It has a salvage title so I may have some twisted brackets. The core support looks twisted and ugly. I am not familiar with this procedure on aligning body parts.

It would probably be a good time to look in to it because I found a clean 97 Fbird in the junkyard.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
The metal bumper bar can be shimmed to push it further back. As can the plastic bumper cover. All 3 parts hood, fender, & door has some adjustment you can make. But, seeing car has a salvage title, it could not only have bent brackets, but also bent underlying sheet metal.

I suggest downloading the 95 service manual from the 4th gen tech section. It has a complete body section. It will have part alignment instructions, and a section with the factory body measurements. You might want to see how far out your car is from factory specs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts