Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everybody i came across some coil to plug Adapters. I forgot the brand right now But I know they're brand new And their for a cheap price from my mechanic Basically I'm trying to find out What's the benefits of doing this .And if there's Any negatives Thanks in advance Any advice or info is appreciated

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,403 Posts
What are you asking about? There are two different conversions that allows you to run 8 LS1 coils in direct fire on an LT1. One (Bailey LTCC) uses only the cam position sensor in the Opti distributor to feed an outboard conversion box, that drive the 8 coils. The other (EFIConnection 24X) deletes the Opti completely, adds a cam sensor to the timing cover, and requires the use of an LS1 PCM and a custom wiring harness.

http://www.bailey-eng.com/LTCC.html

https://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/24xLT1.aspx

Someone has recently announced what appears to be a more "plug-and-play" setup similar to the EFIConnection 24X, but I don't think anyone has got their hands on one yet.

I wouldn't describe any of the systems as "cheap".

Not really necessary for a basically stock or "bolt on" setup. If you have frequent problems with the high voltage section of the Opti, those problems go away with a conversion. I've been running 8 LS1 coils for 15 years, with a different system based on a MoTeC aftermarket ecu, and their 8-channel ignition driver. ECU is fed by the optical cam position sensor in the Opti. But running a total of 800 HP including the 300 shot of nitrous requires a healthy ignition system.

injuneer-1133-albums-injuneer-s-94-formu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a good question he didn't give any info besides having coil to plug adapters ill find out exactly what he has and get back to you. but i'm not having any issues at all i'm just trying to get parts together so i can build the motor at once. the end result is to have a rear mount turbo on the car

i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts