Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was taking 2 or 3 cranks to start, put in new MSD cap and rotor with new ICM, now it starts first time and idles fine in park, and drives good until I hit 40 mph then it starts to hesitate and miss. it's also got a new TPS and plugs and wires were replaced a few months ago. I have no ides where to start looking for the problem. I had one guy tell me the timing could have jumped?? any ideas??

before I replaced the cap and rotor and ICM, once it started it would drive great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the timing set and now it sputters if I step heavy on the gas pedal... otherwise if I gradually give it gas it will drive just fine. so I guess at WOT it sputters...any suggestions?

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
When timing is adjusted there's a single wire connector that needs to be unplugged while timing set is happening. If not the EST (electronic spark timing) is still functioning and timing won't be correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no check engine light is on... and I cannot find a place that has a diagnostic tool for this year car. I will have to check with the guy who did the timing if he unplugged that wire connector. Thanks for the suggestions. When I check the MAF what am I looking for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.