Firebird Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a wiring diagram for a 79, is the 1980 the same or does someone know where I can find one? There is a connecter coming off my brakelight switch and I dont know what it controls. It has three wires coming from it, (2) brown and (1) pink with a black line. Having this connected or not seems to make a big difference with the amp gauge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a colorized partial diagram for the 1980. Note the configuration for the cruise control switch.
Thank you so much for this diagram! This answered all my questions... the two brown wires and the pink with black line are for the cruise control that has been disconnected and im guessing shorted out somewhere. Do you have a link for that diagram that I can download?

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,084 Posts
That colorized drawing does not exist anywhere else. I colorized it myself and I don't remember where I got the original b&w one.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,383 Posts
Gary, your aweome. Colored the diagram yourself, wow.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Man I cant find the battery and now I have a headache...Plus I started having flashbacks to when I took electrical engineering...;lol

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Someone should pin that in the tech articles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.