Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m back to restoring my 1980 Trans Am. It was one of the Trans Ams that originally had a Chevy 305, instead of the Pontiac 301T. So far what I have done was replaced the 305 (still have) with a Chevy 350 which I rebuilt. I also rebuilt the transmission and 3.42 axle. The axle and transmission are both original.

I also redone the entire suspension and steering up front as well as the 4 disc brakes.
this was a very different Trans Am, because the original owner of the car ordered a sunroof vs T Tops as a dealership option. I still have the original build sheet of this car.

Currently , all the old wiring was removed and I am rewiring the entire vehicle. More photos to come as the project proceeds.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,275 Posts
Great to see you working on the car again Dan. Sure hope you forgot about hiring me do do the wiring in that car, rofl.

Reactions: firebird_madness

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to see you working on the car again Dan. Sure hope you forgot about hiring me do do the wiring in that car, rofl.
Oh ya! That’s right! You did say you would do the wiring! lol Thanks for the reminder. I still have the 67 tempest and 67 Firebird to do also. Maybe you could wire those? lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts