Firebird Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So found this local bought for the 3:23 posi for my 67, got a 2:56 posi to go in it from an old build, I also have a Pontiac 400 turbo lying around so just need to figure what motor to use

Car was cheap clean title very little rust/rot, cars dash was gutted so we spent all day at a u pull and stripped a 78 , pics to follow

Yes car came with doors just no hinges or latches lol

Unfortunately the guy took off the formula hood and cut a giant hole in it to fit his car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got some work done today, here's the before need to snap pics of the after , got the heater box installed, condenser box installed , wiper transmission, wiper arms, cleaned the door hinges some and got them on the tub.
This is $150 and 4 hours with 3 of us very knowledgeable on building 2nd gens

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of the big items in that pic, 2 dashes, complete a/c hvac setup,mint pair of wheel wells, complete wire harness, nose with bumper skin, supports, steel bumper, bumper brackets, rad support with condensor, fan , fan shroud, 2 consoles, seat belts, headliner backer, 2 sets of rear side interior panels, shifter cable with brackets and lockout linkage,full gauges, 3 gauge covers and a lot more plus hardware, all nice rust free stuff

·
Registered
468 Posts
Tom was that a disc brake rear end? I am looking to see how the disc brake emergency cables are run from the calipers. I picked up a disc brake rear for mine I need to see how it is routed so I can buy the right parts when I put it in.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry no its drum, my Dads 10th anniversary has rear disc I can't jack it up where its stored, iirc there is a bracket the cables snap into the there is a coil spring that goes between the bracket and the lever on the caliper(inner cable goes though this spring)

These are the crappiest rear brakes I ever had calipers love to leak and sieze up ESP parking lever from my past experience

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figure another day and interior will be as far as I can get it with parts I have, then onto doors and bumper , fenders, hood, swap rear

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pass door on tonight no pic yet, headliner backer in, dome lite wiring and dome lite/lens, right now I am slapping it together, if I build this at a later date there will be some go back like fixing some wiring that's cut, painting things etc.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Looks like you got a steal for $150 for a trailer full of stuff. Looking good. I look forward to seeing the rest of the project.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
progress was slow today, had to do parts disasembly on nose section , clean fix paint, mount reassemble, rad support on, bumper and mounts on, nose support on, nose on right wheel well on, pass fender on

We stopped for the nite since the gap fender to door is bad , the discussion is that while the door looks good as is we may have the rear and bottom gaps to small so need to find what these should be

Pics :)
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rear is swapped and cars off to storage while I decide to build or sell, need to work on the 67 now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts