Firebird Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have standard "ribbed" seats in my car which need new covers all round. I think the foam is OK, though I haven't taken the old ones off to really check. The front squabs may have lost a little shape

Anyway, what I would really like to know is whether the standard seats share the same frame as the deluxe? I'm hoping that a change of backrest foam would be able to allow me to choose the deluxe "square" padded covers...or is the seat structure totally different.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
I believe the seat frame is the same for both seats. It's the foam that makes the difference. But not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The standard seat (mine) has a slimmer headrest, the deluxe is squarer and wider at the headrest. I didn't know if the extra inches were just padding or a different frame.

I emailed PUI interiors who said that the seat back frame (as far as they knew) was the same and the shape difference is just the foam. So good news really, just more $ when the time comes to start inside!

I need a long holiday in the US.....and a massive suitcase.

·
Registered
161 Posts
.....and a massive suitcase.

Thats quit cool......

I will come with you..... I met you on heathrow airport......

We both have the problems with the import tax....

Sometimes very expensive.....

Try rockauto.com this shop is cheap and they calculate by billing the tax and shiping costs.

Or ebay.com and use international shiping. You pay all and finish. No probs with the tax.

Greetings
Sascha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks TAman

Sascha, a neighbour who owns US cars (a Cobra and a Jeep) suggested some companies are around who will collect the parts for you at a mailing address in the US then ship to you as "filler space" in the next available container. I think they charge $10 per parcel then shipping. He gave me this link last night; https://www.bongous.com/international-shoppers/

I have not investigated further yet and have no idea how good they are, just passing it on.

One immediate problem is I'd like to bring over some SEM vinyl trim paint aerosols to tidy up the faded Camel Tan plastic interior parts, but no-one will ship because it's classed as a "hazardous product", yeah right like it's hardly plutonium! Other companies over here will mix similar products to a sample, but the interior on mine is like 1001 shades of brown, I don't actually know which one is Camel Tan! :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy Lester,

this company will ship to england.I have buyed from this company more then 2 times.

No problem. Here in germany is it not legal to buy or sell this.

But ordering in netherland is allowed. lol

Try it you can make a call to know more.

Thanks for the link. I will read it first.

At the moment I dont need something.

I can give you adresses in germany

I know the all speak english as well and should be no problem to buy there

You will have no tax problems.

Mike and franks (www.mnf.de)

Raab speed imports (www.raabspeed-imports.com)

Oliver racing (www.oliver-racing-us-parts.de)

KTS (www.kts.de)

Maybe you find something there what is cheaper as in your area or in the usa

Regards
Sascha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts