Firebird Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, I need the straight up here.....I,ve heard a lot about which plug to use, I put AC Delco's in My 81 Turbo. I am looking to put either AC Delco R46SZ (2.50$) or Ngk XR45(3.75$) or AC Delco Rapid Fire(6.00$) in my 1977 400 6.6L. Some say there is no difference, others say there is..........Please give me your feedback, what you use in yours, what works best. Thanx Guys, Kanedit.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Most Pontiac guys seem to lean towards the NGK plugs. But, for mild street use, there may be very little difference. I won a lot of races with Champion plugs, 'til one came apart. Then I switched to Accel plugs. Never had a problem. Don't know who made the Accel plugs, or who makes 'em now.

Here's a quote from the Dallas area Pontiac Association :

"...spark plugs are not magic and any quality brand of the correct heat range will work properly. The exotic plugs might have forked tails or platinum electrodes but they will not make your street/strip car run better..."

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy

You cant do nothing wrong if you use standard AC-DELCO R45TS spark plugs.

It works and I use it also.

Regards sascha

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I use AC Delco or Autolite plugs. Just the regular copper ones. Me personally would stay away from all the gimmick plugs like the E-3, or platinum, or NGK splitfire plugs. I just use regular old ordinary plugs and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
475 Posts
NGK are very nice to gm motors in general. I run them in almost all of my vehicles.

NGK iridium or platinum. Coppers foul twice as fast.

I use E3 plugs in my Toyota, they are platinum based, and are rated with a 100,000 mile run time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Only old cars till 1985

Gm USA = ACDELCO
Ford USA = autolite

VW = NGK/ Bosch/ champion

GM EU = Bosch
Ford EU = Bosch
VW EU = Bosch

Always use stock sparkplugs

Other can damage the engine cause they explode to hard or to less!

Be carefull.

My pre owner have use autolite, my bird stinks with fuel on the rear end, fuel use to high.
Change to original, use lesser fuel and stop stinking!

Regards
Sascha

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've tried E3's, Splitfire, and Accel, and some others but kept going back to AC. I think heat range is more important.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy again,

its the same with oel, I use 20w50 witch is written in the manueal.

As I buyed my bird it was 15w40 in the engine.

It runs loud, have heart tick nick tach klack from the valves.

Change to what GM said, and nothing to hear. Engine runs smooth.

Greetings
Sascha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts