Firebird Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on a 77 Formula. I am wondering if anyone has any pics of these areas. What brackets/filler pieces am I missing in this lower fender area that attaches the front cover? This car was dropped off in pieces to me.

Lower Front bumper cover to the front of the fender:
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Front of the front tire.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

·
Registered
947 Posts
Do you mean the filler panels, or fender extensions? Check that your inner wheelhouses are both the same with the rib towards the front to meet up with the radiator support.

Here's 2 types used from 77-81 and many sellers will claim are the same and fit all. They are not and do not. Or are so rusty and damaged they can't make out the numbers but you can make out the years they fit. Of course, if you ended up with a flat top version you could add it behind instead of sandwiched between panels, they don't do a lot but if wondering what goes there...

The top is the more common 79-81 type with only half a rib. It mounts up to a flat fronted wheelhouse where a rib doesn't work. #10007269 and #10007270.

The lower with full rib is the one you want, assuming you have original wheelhouse on the other side of photo with rib also. #10000818 for RH and #10000819 for LH.

Inner fender extensions powdercoated 79_81 10007269 top 77_78 bottom 10000819 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

·
Registered
947 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts