Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

So in august i purchased a 1976 Trans am. The car is mostly all original including the drive train and interior. On the other hand, the car has been repainted about 20 years ago to blue. According to the chassis vin tag and a few paint chips on the car, it was originally silver. The vin tag also states that it is a trans am with blue interior. With this being said, any silver 1976 trans am ive seen or can find has red interior and a red bird on the hood. Someday i would like to paint the car to the original colors and get the original color decals/bird put on it. Would the car have had a red bird like the other Trans Am's with blue interior? or could the car have been specially ordered with a blue bird? any ideas? thank you!

11844937_1090752547619645_21071553849718

·
Registered
899 Posts
Here's one, albeit not original. The red and black bird is certainly the more standard decal. The blue bird, if even an option in 76, would only work with blue or black interior. What is/was yours? Buildsheet would tell you more if you found it, plus it was possible to special order non matching colour combos by factory standards.

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/14174219
Interior depending, i like the silver and blue more.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
I'm jealous , my 76 trans am doesn't have a bird on the hood. But nice car. This is just my opinion, but I believe many hood birds were added when original bird less cars were repainted or restored.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
that is one nice looking 76.

Get the PHS documents for the car and see how it was ordered. It is possible there was a blue bird on it.. Or maybe even a hood bird delete.

I have seen some silver cars with blue birds and it looks nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the chassis vin tag my interior was originally blue. and how do i got about getting a build sheet? thank you

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy and congrats

You cant maybe found the buildsheed under the front seat behind the backseat or over the tank. If no ones there it is nothing in the car.

Regards
Sascha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts