Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So my 1976 trans am is not blowing any air at all. Hot or cold air. the Car has a/c and it appears that all the controls are vacuum operated. i took off the vent cover on the passenger side and turned the fan on and noticed that the fan is blowing good. i can hear it too. I believe the problem is that one of the doors arent opening to allow the air out. I dont have air on any setting(Defroster, bi level, or floor). I tore the glove box out of the car and checked all the vacuum connections and they all seam to be sealed. i cant see any damage on any of them. i also took off one of the vacuum lines and noticed that it does have vacuum. Also, when i switch the heat to the "inside" setting the interior airflow entrance on the passenger side opens yet still no heat comes out. any ideas? thank you!

·
Registered
'70 Esprit TA clone Pontiac 400
1,039 Posts
Was it functioning and then stopped? Has it been non operational since you bought the car? Has the car been outside or a place where mice might have decided to make a home in the ducts? Is the mechanical cable attached to the top of the heater box under the dash connected to the flapper door lever? Does it move the flapper lever?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasnt functioning when i bought the car. So mice may have gotten in there in the past. I did take an air blowgun through some of the holes and it didnt seem to do much. and the mechanical cable is attached and moving

·
Registered
'70 Esprit TA clone Pontiac 400
1,039 Posts
Probably nests in there, mice, squirrels, rats, chipmunks or something, If you luck out you won't have to split the AC evaporator box.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,406 Posts
Have you checked for vacuum at the black hose at the HVAC control panel? There should be a vacuum check valve near the vacuum source on the engine. They always seem to break, causing a lack of vacuum. Another possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts