Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the circuit board and bulbs in the cluster. There is an open hole next to the bulb plug that the fiber optic line goes in. Is there supposed to be a screw there? There wasn't one there before.

2F3B1A9A-3327-4A42-BC21-290B75165609_zps

Also, do the bulb sockets for the AC and fuel/voltage just pull straight out or are they supposed to twist out? I don't want to break anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 76, if I remember correctly all of the bulbs you had to twist. I also do not remember a screw there, but then again, it's been a while.
Yes, all the bulbs are twist out on the main gauge cluster. The bulbs I was talking about were in the AC panel and the fuel/voltage cluster. I got them out last night. Those bulb holders are a pull out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Pics of bulbs as I am doing one now.

There is a larger socket near the top right for the speedometer. I think there is 12 in all ( these are the regular size)

I had to use sand paper across the top connections and gently pry them up just a tab to make good connection on the printed circuit board. I also hand cleaned each socket by using a small nail file and grinding it down to clean the contacts

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.