Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the F body scene here and I need some help....

I have a 1971 Firebird formula 400 non ram air/TH400 car. I just rebuilt the original carburetor (#7041264) and put it back on but the one thing it doesn't have is the choke. Looking high and low and the carburetor companies don't have anything for it and since it is not there, I dont even know what it looks like to match it up. '69-'70 ones wont bolt up, I attached the picture of where it would bolt to the manifold. Does anyone have any pictures of what one looks like?

Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 w/Chevy 350 TH400
61 Posts
Should look like this…

there are a few variations, but this style is what you need. It only bolts on with 1 screw, the other hole is for a pin cast into the choke. Your carb should have the provision for the linkage.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,203 Posts
How did the manifold riser choke element get lost or was it not there from the start? Manual choke cable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did the manifold riser choke element get lost or was it not there from the start? Manual choke cable?
I'm sure one was on there from the factory, it is just missing because there was another carburetor on it when I bought it. the previous owner gave me the original carburetor in a box with the car but didnt have the choke anymore. guess he lost it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts