Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a short neck water pump in a bad way. Hub Height should be 3 31/32". Classic Industries lists it as part number 58302 but it is back ordered. Have found a Flow Kooler high flow pump but they want $240 for it, hoping for a better option!

·
Registered
596 Posts
There is a rebuild shop in Los Angles where I got mine.Will find you the number.They had another in stock when I got mine.They rebuild water pumps,starters etc.Tom

·
Registered
596 Posts
It is Margus Auto Electric exchange.323 2325281

Tell her you want the 11 bolt 4in water pump and you want one with a cast impeller if possible.They are a whole sale shop so see if you can get a business to let you use their shop name and resale licence.They dont sell retail.Very nice lady,you can tell her you were refered by Walker Automotive.Tom

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Tom, I talked to them and they have one but they won't sell it without a core replacement! They are hoping to get some new cores next week and if they do they'll sell one without the core.

Also considering going with the long neck pump, my understanding is that involves changing the water pump pulley and the crank pulley. I've found two pulleys for $190 but that seems pretty excessive, anyone know what I need and where I can get it?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She said she didn't think she could do that (sell it without a core return) since it was thier last one!

I have found a Flo-Kooler hi performance rebuilt pump for $240. At this point, I think I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to go. $240 for the right pump or $190 for the pulleys. Seems like the right pump is $60 less work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts