Firebird Nation banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sweet! My first car was a 67 Tempest, with the OHC6, but a 4 door from my grandmother. It only had 38k miles on it, but that was back in 1985, and being a young dumb kid, I hot rodded it and sold it. Car was perfect!

I would love to see you have a thread for it here!
That is pretty cool John. It kind of makes you wonder where it is now.

I will be taking pics all the way through. Thank you for the encouragement. Your build is pretty great also, I enjoy following it.

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Bottle Musical instrument Alcoholic beverage Glass bottle Drink

Another find under the front seat.

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Gas Steering wheel

The engine bay is getting there after four times with the power washer and I used purple power/engine gel cleaner.

Interior pics to come later.

Attachments

·
Member of 455 1st gen
1,573 Posts
looking good there Dan,looking forward to following this one........

.....my dad had a 66 with a 6cyl,when i was 4......entered a race with it,nascar style race and brought home a trophy..
...sadly it got sandwiched between a station wagon and a dump truck......came over a hill to dead stopped traffic on
the freeway,we barely stopped the dump truck didnt
luckly he slid awhile or i might not be here today.

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
looking good there Dan,looking forward to following this one........

.....my dad had a 66 with a 6cyl,when i was 4......entered a race with it,nascar style race and brought home a trophy..
...sadly it got sandwiched between a station wagon and a dump truck......came over a hill to dead stopped traffic on
the freeway,we barely stopped the dump truck didnt
luckly he slid awhile or i might not be here today.
Wow, Really sorry to hear about that Tony. Good thing you came out of that ok.

·
just another car guy
1,705 Posts
for the Tempest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I watch
and keep an eye on the
nah I am just going to get a little

enjoy and you have my blessing on a thread here, ALL cars are welcome, its some of the owners that are not, lol..

Reactions: firebird_madness

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
for the Tempest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I watch
and keep an eye on the
nah I am just going to get a little

enjoy and you have my blessing on a thread here, ALL cars are welcome, its some of the owners that are not, lol..
LOL. Great post Albert, thank you and you are totally correct.

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here are some more before pics. The sun has really done it's damage to the interior from sitting over the years. I thought it would be great to get pics of this car at its worst. Here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Cool project Dan, looks like you have quite the collection going. I found that same Bud bottle in my 50 F-1 when I took it apart

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Cool project Dan, looks like you have quite the collection going. I found that same Bud bottle in my 50 F-1 when I took it apart
That is pretty cool John.

More Pics.

Attachments

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Here are some more pics. I have taken out the interior, pulled the drive shaft and disconnected all of the wiring, accessories the engine and linkage to the transmission.

Attachments

·
Firebird Collector
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have the engine stripped down even more.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas Auto part

I am just debating on taking the head off before I do it or not. There isn't too many options for bolt holes for the engine lift on the head. All that is left is the bell housing bolts and the two motor mount bolts and the engine comes out..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
A clone is a clone and only worth what a buyer will pay. If that buyer is wanting a Tempest, then no, it's not worth more

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Make it a GTO clone! Way better and it will be worth more.
I think you and Oprah have been sharing crack! No way any clone is worth more than #'s matching unless it dictates some special package like a yenko etc... And in any case you would need the correct parts to clone it meaning it will cost 2 times the numbers matching making it not worth the build really.. Keep your bad information to yourself. I have read 5 or 6 similar posts of yours today and none of them have any good advice.

·
Put the EVIDENCE in the Car!
4,907 Posts
Hate to break it to you, Ryan, but that's not exactly how to 'hit the ground running' in this community. Taking cheap shots at others (as in the man-card comment in another post) and arrogantly throwing down personal opinion as established fact won't gain you any respectability here.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Don't make me unchain the dog LOL

I know we all can play nice here, It's what FBN is about, Friendship and Mutual Respect

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.