Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this was not an option? I have holes in my passenger door for a mirror, but holes look to far back, ideas?

I have a mirror and mount to go there

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my drivers is mounted forward like that, holes in the pass door are back farther

·
Registered
57 Posts
Believe mine is same location. The only thing you have to watch is mirror (67 specific) so it clears wing window when you open it. There is a difference between 67 and 68.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was thinking the mirrors mounted back farther so the vent window post does not block the mirror

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 67 had 70's style mirrors when i bought it. Much better visibilty but i wanted factory mirrors. I picked up a 67 remote for drivers side and the round 67 passenger mirror from a firebird only salvage yard. At the time i didn't know there was a difference, luckily the owner showed me the difference and didn't just hand one over that would work. The vent post doesn't obscure the mirror as long as you have a 67 mirror. Visibility isn't great but you get used to it. Now it looks as it should. If you don't have a 67 mirror i would think classic industries or year one can hook you up.

Btw; Thats a nice clean looking 67.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tom; Got a chance to look at my mirror. The back edge of the mirror mount (the part that physically bolts to door) lines up exactly with the back edge of the wing window chrome. Will try to get pic posted for you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the holes in my pass door are totally wrong, they don't even line up with the mirror bracket mount holes, so guess I'll be welding them shut

1 - 9 of 9 Posts