Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, I am trying to track down one of my old T/A's. It's a 78 model with the old 13 digit VIN number. I can not find any websites that will track an older VIN number. The last known whereabouts I had on the car was in Houston Tx about 7 years ago. But that owner sold it for cash and has no record of the guy whom he sold it to. (name, address, etc.) I missed it by 2 weeks back then.

Any ideas?

I really want to track it down . :(

Erin

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
You can try and contact the Texas Department of Transportation and see if they have that VIN on current registration records.

·
Trans-Am Guy
167 Posts
A few year back, I bought a low mileage 77 T/A from a guy in Detroit. He got it from someone in Ohio, but had no record of who it was. I attempted to find that previous owner through the Ohio DMV. Thy told me that due to recent privacy laws, they would need that persons permission to give out any information, I said I don't know who that person is and that's what I'm inquiring about. It was a "catch22" situation and I finally gave up. What I am trying to say is that a VIN is not enough, at least not with Ohio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts