Firebird Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 153121 Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I recently bought a set of four of the abve pictured wheels.

They are stamped on the inside of the rim, Western Wheel Company and 15x8.5

The bolt pattern is 4.75".

The wheels came with the tires mounted. I cleaned the wheels up, had them balanced and mounted them on my 1978 Trans Am.

A short test drive resulted in some rubbing going on in the left front wheel well. I found where it was rubbing and a few whacks with the ball peen hammer, problem solved. I took them for a drive and got up to highway speeds, and the things run true and straight, no wobbles no nothing.

Anybody ever seen this type of wheel, they look pretty old.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
I've seen that type of wheel on small foreign cars, but not on a firebird. Looks like it would go well with the firebird appearance.

This style of wheel was popular in the 70's and early 80's. I had a set of 13 inch ones on a Fiat x1/9 at one time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let's see them on the car! These wheels were also popular on Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Javelins and other muscle cars that raced in the Trans Am series in the early seventies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a photo of my 1978 Trans Am with the 10 spoke Western Wheels.

I was at the Good Guys Show at Texas Motor Speedway over the weekend. I walked all over the place and did not see another car with my wheels on them or in the swap meet area.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy there,

tgese rims are used in europe on austin mini, early jaguar
and BMW's in the late 70's and early 80's.

There have it here also in 13" with 185/50 R13 .

Looks also great on a bird

Greetings
Sascha

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Let's see them on the car! These wheels were also popular on Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Javelins and other muscle cars that raced in the Trans Am series in the early seventies.
ok...apd628...

We gotta talk....Get a close up man Im old...lol

I like them...Congrats for being the only one there with a set, I havent seen any on a TA until now...

Kinda reminds me of an old Hotwheels mag wheel look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are for sale now. Went to upgraded brake package, they are too small diameter.

Look in classified section under miscellaneous. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts