Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just drug a confirmed 1974 Firebird Formula 455 (not SD) out of a thankfully dry shed where it had sat for 40+ years. Well-optioned car with functional Ram Air hood, Posi, tilt, AC, PS, PB, gauge package, and factory AM/FM/8 track. Unfortunately the original motor is long gone, currently has a burned up Poncho 350 sitting in it.

Really minimal rust, worst is the rear pan, trunk and front looks solid. Interior is actually still very nice, seats need cleaned up, but no wear or tears, and the padded dash is pristine. Lucerne blue with black vinyl.

My question - what’s this car worth as she sits? I’m debating a full build, vs selling it as a project, and would like your opinions. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,910 Posts
I'm not showing a non-SD Formula 455. The only non-SD '74 455 I have is a Trans Am. First example is for a Formula 350, then non-SD 455, and an SD 455. This should give you a ballpark idea though. Subtract 20% for automatic transmission. I'd split the difference between the condition #4 Formula 350 and non-SD Trans Am 455, so maybe "Around $11,400"?. Truth is, it's worth what you can get. Some might balk at $5k for a running non-SD 455 car, others might throw down $15k for the swiss cheeses remains of a 455 SD. A lot of the value in these cars is rooted in the emotional rather than the rational.

Aus78Formula told it like it is though.

Rectangle Azure Font Parallel Slope

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts