New...Sort of - Massachusetts - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

New...Sort of

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • First Name:Dave
  • Year: 1992
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine: L98
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

I created an account here way back in January of '07, but only made seven posts before going dormant. I met Jesse today, as he came to my house to buy some parts. He told me about this club/site, and when I checked out the link he sent I realized that I had an account here.

So, anyway, I have owned three birds ('92 TA, '92 Formula, '95 Formula) but the '95 is the last one standing. I have been trying to get rid of it, since it has been frustrating the heck out of me. Off the road for two years, and a recent water pump/tune up had me wanting to punch the car or set it on fire. I just don't find it fun to work in that engine bay.

Anyway, I hope to be able to get the car back together now and on the road so I can come to a cruise and meet some of you guys. Jesse made you all sound like a nice bunch of people.

I don't have many pics of the '95 (The Green Hornet), but here are a couple of her when she was on the road, and then one of her as she sits now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bull, 16 May 2009 - 04:02 PM.

#2 Pete W

Pete W

Pete

• Account Disabled
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • First Name:Pete
  • City:Saskatoon, Canada
  • State or Province:SK
  • Year: 1969
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 455
  • Transmission: Auto Turbo 400

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

Hey Dave, welcome to FBN, Great to have you here!

#3 FBN Firebird Nation

FBN Firebird Nation

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and Formula Fan

• Administrator
  • 36186 posts
  • First Name:Clark
  • City:Sparks
  • State or Province:NV
  • Year: 2002
  • Make: Transmission
  • Model: Engine
  • Engine: Engine
  • Transmission: car

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

Welcome Back Dave, are you still trying to sell your Firebird or do you plan on keeping it now?

#4 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

Welcome Back Dave, are you still trying to sell your Firebird or do you plan on keeping it now?

Thanks, Bob. I am going to try and get it back together and running. I think that once I drive it, I will want to keep it! We'll see...wife also has expressed a need for a family car since we have our first on the way.

#5 BlkBird408

BlkBird408

3rd Gen Owner!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6003 posts
  • First Name:Lowell
  • City:Kansas City
  • State or Province:KS
  • Interests:Anything with cars
    Working out
    Target shooting
    Family and friends!
  • Year: 1989
  • Engine: 408
  • Transmission: 700r4

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Welcome back Dave! Havent seen you much since Dave shut down Third Gen USA. Nice looking car you have now.
1989 Firebird--408 engine, Stage 4 700r4 tranny, Strange Engineering 12 bolt rearend,
GTA crosslace wheels, BFGoodrich drag radials, Spohn lca`s and relocation brackets, subframe connectors
adjustable TQ arm, wonderbar, adjustable panhard rod, driveshaft loop, extreme duty driveshaft
KYB shocks/struts, Eibach sportline lowering springs, 97 Firebird seats, 85 trans am steering wheel
B&M Ratchet megashifter, Autometer tach and gauges and a few other goodies!!

Posted Image

#6 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Welcome back Dave! Havent seen you much since Dave shut down Third Gen USA. Nice looking car you have now.

Hello, blast from the past. Yeah, it was too bad Dave shut down the forum...guess he did not think there were enough of us on there. He does all his parts business from eBay now, too, I recently learned.

Thanks for the compliment. Car looks good, but it is just a driver.

#7 1SassyFRB

1SassyFRB

Lead Foot, Grease Monkey and Blondie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • First Name:Kate
  • City:Albany
  • State or Province:NY
  • Year: 1991
  • Engine: 5.7l 350 V8

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

heyyyy jess bought those parts for me :14dunno:

thanks for the spoiler and ground effects your awesome for having them :NEWBALLOONS3:
Posted Image

1991 Firebird 350

#8 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:24 AM

heyyyy jess bought those parts for me :14dunno:

thanks for the spoiler and ground effects your awesome for having them :NEWBALLOONS3:

Hey, you are welcome. I am glad they went to a good home!

#9 Doc Smith

Doc Smith

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 8316 posts
  • First Name:Bob
  • City:Spanaway
  • State or Province:WA
  • Interests:Have many interests and hobbies but my Top Five are Family, Firebird (79), Friends (New ones too), My Bike (Peace and Quiet), and Model Railroading.

We often take life for granted and I choose to live mine like today is the last day.
  • Year: 1979
  • Engine: 301
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Welcome aboard Dave, great to have you here! :popcorn2:
Bob

(Doc Smith) - 'Mechanically challenged and doing my best'

2004 GTO, Phanton Black

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it."

"I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate." George Burns (1896-1996)

FBNCC - National Operations Member

When she's all done, it will look just like this:
1979 Formula, 301 ci TH350, Cameo White (under restoration)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 DanJz

DanJz

"Danny Mac"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • First Name:Dan
  • City:Olivebridge
  • State or Province:NY
  • Interests:Cars, girls, baseball, football, music, playing in my band, hanging with friends, and having fun. Music and cars are pretty much my full time hobbies though. I play in a rock band, and I love working on my car, looking at cars I can't afford, parts I want, etc.
  • Model: Formula 350
  • Transmission: 700R4, 3.23 gears, posi

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hey Dave!!! It's Dan with your 92 Formula!! I had no idea you had an account on here. It's nice to get away from some of the idiots on TGO once in a while lol.

For those who don't know, Dave is the guy I bought my 92 Formula from. Great guy to do business with.
1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350- my baby. My summer DD, runs and drives great but needs some minor work. Current mods: 4th gen center console, aftermarket Alpine stereo and Polk Audio speakers. Future plans: new exhaust system (winter project), engine overhaul and upgrade once the L98 gets tired (which won't be for a good long while since she's been well taken care of and has another 150,000 in her I'm sure) and new paint job and decals. Current gremlins bugging me: a passenger window motor dying a slow and painful death, a very slowly leaking power steering hose, and a drivers seat that likes to recline and rock back and forth without me touching the lever lol. I'd love to get a nice set of black 4th gen seats for it at some point but it's not my main concern. My Dad's the only one who can't stand the current seats lol

She's not perfect, but she's still awesome!

Unfortunately I'm away at school now so I really don't get to see her as much :(. This summer should be a good one. New rims (The Ronals in the picture below) are going back on the car, and by the end of the summer I hope to put a new exhaust on it, but we'll see

Posted Image

#11 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Dan!! Cool deal that you are on here. I don't do much on TGO anymore, either. Not the warmest place on the web.

Tomorrow should be a good day for you...your kick panels and speakers should be arriving! :popcorn2:

Hey Dave!!! It's Dan with your 92 Formula!! I had no idea you had an account on here. It's nice to get away from some of the idiots on TGO once in a while lol.

For those who don't know, Dave is the guy I bought my 92 Formula from. Great guy to do business with.

Firebird Tune up Technician

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

Welcome back Dave.
Hope to see you at a club meet!

#13 Bull

Bull

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

Welcome back Dave.
Hope to see you at a club meet!

Thank you very much!

Firebird Master Tech.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hey Dave,
Welcome back! Good to see you decided to check it out again.
Yea man, it was fun talking with you on saturday. Had a good time. Spent all day yesterday getting that hatch on and swapping the interior but it was a blast. I think kate took pictures with her camera so if she puts them up here make sure you take a look.
Well we'll be keeping in touch anyways. talk to you later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users