Cruise Nights - Member Ratings - Connecticut - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

Cruise Nights - Member Ratings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 69_Rag_Top

69_Rag_Top

Supporting Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • First Name:Larry
  • City:Southern Connecticut
  • State or Province:CT
  • Interests:I enjoy hiking, outdoor activities, tailgating at Football games, baseball, sports, old coins, rifle range, music and classic cars. All my cars are drivers. I enjoy my Trans Am GTA for cruising on the highways. With the 5.7L these third gen cars accelerate, handle and corner like the best performance cars.
  • Year: 1987
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am GTA
  • Engine: 5.7L TPI V8
  • Transmission: 700R4 Automatic

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

As we get set for another exciting year for Cruise nights and car events, here is a new topic for Member Ratings for Cruise Nights that they may have attended in the last few years with their cars too. You may want to share some really good places to go within the tri state area.... the Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island area that are worth driving the extra mile to get there.

Rating scale is from 1 to 5 Birds based on event size, quality, vendors, events, location, things to do, food, rest rooms, themes and awards.

Here is my first recommended cruise.

I recommend Mark's Classic Cruise (Mark's Auto Parts) 22 Russell Road East Granby Connecticut. Take I-91 Exit 40 to Route 20 and drive onto East Street and take a right onto Russell Road.

I rate this cruise 4 or 5 Birds. This is a big cruise and has many cars. You will not be bored at this cruise! There are lots of great cars that come out. Mopar, Ford, Chevys, Pontiacs, Oldsmobile and Buicks too.

It is well organized. Parking is good. There are awards too. As with any other Big cruises it is hard to find the owners and talk to them about their cars ... my only complaint. This is a quality cruise and has just about anything you may want if you spend an evening at Mark's. Look for the Theme night events. These are special events for types of cars or models. I look forward to the Firebird Trans Am Theme night.

Edited by 69_Rag_Top, 03 March 2009 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image
Get your motor runnin'.
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way.

1978 Pontiac Trans Am

WS6 Equipped W72 Engine Pontiac 400
Complete rebuild bored .030 over
Coded WC with 4-speed
Forged rods and pistons, 6X Heads
Hays performance clutch
Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers

X-pipe 3 inch stainless dual exhaust
Hooker super competition
Ceramic coated long tube headers
Edelbrock Performer Series Carb 600 cfm
Taylor 8MM High Performance Spark Plug Wires