Third Gen. '84 Trans Am Replacement Interior - Interior - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Third Gen. '84 Trans Am Replacement Interior

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Night Owl 85

Night Owl 85

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • City:Wetmore
  • State or Province:MI
  • Year: 1984
  • Make: Firebird
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 305
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted A week ago

Hi there,

I'm brand new to this forum, and just finished searching the old topics trying to get insight on a few things.  Didn't see anything really specific or recent to the questions I have, so if I missed it on an already discussed topic...I apologize up front.

The time has finally come for me to re-do the interior of my Third Gen. 84 Trans Am.  Have already gutted the interior down to the metal floor pans and am starting over.  Need new carpet and seats, due to years of mice damage while in barn storage.  Plastic parts all look pretty good, and may just touch a few of them up with the plastic paint.

Have been doing a lot of searching on-line for replacement parts, and see there are many sources and companies.  I see the ACC Carpet kits popping up on a lot of vendor sites.  Seat covers are all over the place.  So here are my questions:

1. Are there any sets, manufacturers, to gravitate to or away from?  I just don't want to spend all the time and money replacing stuff, only to find out later I purchased some cheap stuff by accident.

2. I definitely need new seat covers, my guess is that I will also need to replace the foam underneath.  Is that going to be a huge task, and thus better to just buy another type of seat that will fit?  I see they sell the "foam" replacements as well as the cloth exterior covers...but maybe it is more trouble than it is worth?  Assuming there is some type of metal/wire frame the foam goes around, and then the material over that...but could be wrong.

Any help and insight from anyone would be very much appreciated!  Thanks a bunch!   :yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users