Exhaust for 2002 firebird ws6 ramair V8 LS1 - Exhaust - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Exhaust for 2002 firebird ws6 ramair V8 LS1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EBnovis

EBnovis

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • First Name:eilert
  • City:sweden
  • State or Province:Other
  • Year: 2002
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: Ls1 V8
  • Transmission: 6speed manuel

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hello from northern Sweden. I want to replace the original muffler with something else that gives a more rumbling sound. What is recommended? Is magnaflow MAG15684 a good choice?

Thanks

#2 Papa Tango

Papa Tango

Firebird Tire Changer

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • First Name:Pete
  • City:Tucson
  • State or Province:AZ
  • Interests:Aviation; Hiking; Camping
  • Model: Firebird Coupe
  • Engine: 3.8L V6
  • Transmission: Automatic 4LE

Posted 4 weeks ago

Greetings Eilert! Welcome to FBN from the Sonoran Desert in the Southwest, USA. I don't know about that exhaust but somebody will. Nice looking car. Pete :)

#3 ZumpTA

ZumpTA

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 2296 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • City:Holiday
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1993
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: 6-Spd

Posted 4 weeks ago

MagnaFlow, FlowMaster, and Borla are probably the most popular.  Personally, I prefer the sound of MagnaFlow, I could live with a FlowMaster, and don't like the sound Borla at all.  But those are my opinions based on my ears, and to be honest I don't know if the Borla exhaust systems I've heard are obnoxious by design or by "model" choice, so my saying "all Borla" are obnoxious could be just as much a fictional statement as a factual one.  I simply do not know.  I only know I've never heard a Borla system that wasn't obnoxious. 

As long as you don't have any specific "noise laws", any model from any of those 3 will satisfy.

If you do have laws against loud exhaust, or don't want something too loud, look into which models from the companies are at the quieter end.  Even the quiet performance mufflers will add a deep note to the low end while only being a few dB louder than stock.  Next step up is same "note" but louder than stock. Then comes the "does that even have a muffler?" muffler.

If you are capable, call a shop that sells the brand and is familiar with it, or even the manufacturer. They will be able to recommend a specific series of their product based on what you want.  No guessing. 

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
-- Jeremy S. Anderson

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft...
and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
-- Wernher von Braun

#4 EBnovis

EBnovis

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Greetings Eilert! Welcome to FBN from the Sonoran Desert in the Southwest, USA. I don't know about that exhaust but somebody will. Nice looking car. Pete :)

:yes

MagnaFlow, FlowMaster, and Borla are probably the most popular.  Personally, I prefer the sound of MagnaFlow, I could live with a FlowMaster, and don't like the sound Borla at all.  But those are my opinions based on my ears, and to be honest I don't know if the Borla exhaust systems I've heard are obnoxious by design or by "model" choice, so my saying "all Borla" are obnoxious could be just as much a fictional statement as a factual one.  I simply do not know.  I only know I've never heard a Borla system that wasn't obnoxious. 

As long as you don't have any specific "noise laws", any model from any of those 3 will satisfy.

If you do have laws against loud exhaust, or don't want something too loud, look into which models from the companies are at the quieter end.  Even the quiet performance mufflers will add a deep note to the low end while only being a few dB louder than stock.  Next step up is same "note" but louder than stock. Then comes the "does that even have a muffler?" muffler.

If you are capable, call a shop that sells the brand and is familiar with it, or even the manufacturer. They will be able to recommend a specific series of their product based on what you want.  No guessing. 

OK thanks. I think I'm investing in a Magnaflow. It is the only thing in Sweden right now. It will be too expensive to bring in another from the USA

#5 EBnovis

EBnovis

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for tips on exhaust systems. Has now mounted Magnaflow and is very satisfied. Nice sound and a sharper engine.

#6 EBnovis

EBnovis

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts