1994 LT1 T56. Best clutch replacement recommendations - Drivetrain - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

1994 LT1 T56. Best clutch replacement recommendations

clutch t56 lt1 1994 performance drivability

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmoritz118

jmoritz118

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • First Name:Jacob
  • City:Crystal Lake
  • State or Province:IL
  • Interests:Working on and Driving Cars
  • Year: 1994
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 5.7L LT1
  • Transmission: T56 Manual

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:17 PM

So I'm looking to replace the clutch in my 1994 Formula because from a stop when the car has been driven for a little bit the clutch makes the car shake as I release the clutch. Regardless, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a clutch and flywheel kit that is a moderate performance clutch that still has fairly good drivability since I daily my Firebird in the summer. Just to be clear my car has the borg and warner T56 with a fairly stock LT1 up front and by that I mean all it has done is a full exhaust with headers and a different air box as far as I know.

#2 Yesterday

Yesterday

Firebird Tune up Technician

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • First Name:Sam
  • City:Baltimore
  • State or Province:MD
  • Interests:Drag racing and AutoX
  • Year: 1994
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 5.7L V8
  • Transmission: T56

Posted A week ago

Resurfacing the stock flywheel is always an affordable option - usually $40-50. As for the clutch, a stock replacement should give you good drivability and longevity - look at LUK 04134, should be around $150. don't forget to change the fluid in the hydraulics and bleed the slave cylinder well. Also want to break in the clutch correctly - lots of shifting at reasonable RPM up and down, no hard acceleration, don't slip the clutch too long. City driving or commuting is good for this. Do this for 500-1000 miles and your good to beat on it as you desire.

Edit: I have personally purchased that kit before and it was good quality. I swapped out the LUK clutch disk for a McLeod dual friction disk since I have power modifications and needed extra holding power.

Edited by Yesterday, A week ago.

1994 Firebird Trans Am:
Engine: LE2 H/C/I, 11.2:1 383 forged Eagle crank and 6" H-beam rods, Mahle pistons, 0.041" quench, ATI damper, Moroso 7qt pan, 36lb/hr GTP injectors

Exhaust: Pacesetter LT headers, No cat, 3" exhaust, x-pipe, Moroso spirals, EGR delete
Driveline: 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft, Strange 12 Bolt, posi 4.11’s, Stage 2 T56, McLeod dual friction clutch, LS brakes & Hawks HPS
Suspension: LCA relo. brackets, Wolfe drag bar, UMI d. adj. PB, UMI boxed SFC, UMI STB, Bilstein/Comp 3-way shocks, SLP front springs, MWC k-member, UMI tubular long torque arm
Engine bay: SLP CAI, TB bypass, Meziere EWP, Petris opti, LL and brake proportioning valve
Other: Walbro 255, ZR1 reps + NT05’s, AC, Braided -6 AN SS fuel lines, Tick Performance shifter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users