GT Grant Steering Wheel; Pictures? - Interior - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

GT Grant Steering Wheel; Pictures?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2306

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • First Name:Thomas
  • City:Thun
  • State or Province:Other
  • Year: 1978
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 454
  • Transmission: TH400

Posted 5 days ago

Hi

I would like to replace my 11” Steering Wheel to a GT Grant Challenger Steering Wheel. I am not sure about the Color; there is a Black, Silver and Chromed One.

Does anybody have a Picture from this Steering Wheel in a Firebird / Trans Am with the silver-machined Dash Bezel?

Would be easier to make a Decision. Thank you!

#2 NOT A TA

NOT A TA

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • First Name:John
  • City:Delray Beach
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1970
  • Make: pontiac
  • Model: Esprit
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: auto

Posted 4 days ago

I had a wood grain one that matched the wood grain dash panel in my Esprit for many years. It was good for street driving as it didn't get as hot in summer and cold in winter as some wheels can get and I thought it looked great. I switched out to a MOMO Millenium because the hand positioning with the 4 spoke Challenger wheel wasn't that great for road track use. Also I'd gotten rid of the wood grain dash panel so the wood wheel didn't match anything anymore.

I will say the MOMO is a much nicer more comfortable wheel and if you can justify the cost of a high end wheel you'll be glad you spent the extra money. With hobby cars like these I think there's a few things that make a huge difference in driving. The contact points of seat, steering wheel, and pedals, as well as the clear view through a new windshield. You can have the fastest,, best handling, prettiest car but if any of those four points aren't good they really take away from enjoying driving the car.

NOTATAsteadyatspeed.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

The14Cardash016.jpg

The14Cardash002.jpg

Edited by NOT A TA, 4 days ago.

John Paige

Lab-14.com

#3 2306

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • First Name:Thomas
  • City:Thun
  • State or Province:Other
  • Year: 1978
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 454
  • Transmission: TH400

Posted 3 days ago

Thank you very much for the picture. Would be happy to see a silver Steering Wheel also.

I will agree the Momo Steering Wheel is the better way to go, if you are worried about the functionality only. But the look doesn’t fit in a 70thies car at all.

Like the GT Challenger because of the look. Or a Volant S9 looks nice also, but this one is a tick bigger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users