Air Scoop - Exterior - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Air Scoop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phydeaux1

Phydeaux1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:Roger
  • City:Tampa
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1974
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted A week ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what year T/A this scoop came off, is it OEM and its value.

Thanks, Wolf

Attached Files

#2 sea dog

sea dog

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 3033 posts
  • First Name:Robert
  • City:Fruitland Park
  • Interests:cars, guitars, women, firearms,
  • Year: 1995
  • Model: transam
  • Engine: 5.7 lt1
  • Transmission: 4l60e

Posted A week ago

Your part number is for the 70-72 trans am. Weather this is factory or reproduction, I don't know. This is because some reproduction pieces are made with the factory part number.

If this is a factory scoop, I believe it is valuable. How much it's worth, I can't say.

#3 Phydeaux1

Phydeaux1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:Roger
  • City:Tampa
  • Year: 1974
  • Model: Firebird
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted A week ago

Your part number is for the 70-72 trans am. Weather this is factory or reproduction, I don't know. This is because some reproduction pieces are made with the factory part number.

If this is a factory scoop, I believe it is valuable. How much it's worth, I can't say.

I appreciate the reply. I have had it for about 25 years, I bought a house and it was in the attic above the garage in perfect shape. Solenoids still work I tested them recently. 

I'll never use it and would like to put it up for sale. Have two opinions of classic car people who I trust, one said its worth $350, another said he is pretty damn sure its original and worth around $1000.

That's a big difference, was hoping to confirm who is correct.

#4 ZumpTA

ZumpTA

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 2048 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • City:Holiday
  • Year: 1993
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: 6-Spd

Posted A week ago

The person who is correct is the one closest to what someone is actually willing to pay for it.  It could be worth $1,000 all day long to only the right person, or everyone.   ...or, $350 to some, $500 to a few, $1,000 to that one odd duck, and $100 to the rest.  It's functional so it definitely has that going for it.  Since it didn't cost you anything and you don't need it, why not do the right thing?  Find someone trying their best to bring an early 2nd gen back from the grave on a "students budget" and give them a helluva deal.  It should go to someone with a passsion for the cars who truly needs it rather than someone either trying to flip a 'bird for quick profit, complete a showroom restoration on something that's going to sit locked up 364 days a year, or worse, someone making yet another T/A - Formula clone.

...just my $0.02.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
-- Jeremy S. Anderson

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft...
and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
-- Wernher von Braun

#5 NOT A TA

NOT A TA

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • First Name:John
  • City:Delray Beach
  • Year: 1970
  • Make: pontiac
  • Model: Esprit
  • Transmission: auto

Posted A week ago

Looks like an original 70-72 style and ya it's probably worth quite a bit.  There's a couple versions I believe. One is refered to as the "thin lip" version. The "experts" on 70-73 parts can be found here http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437 and know more than I do about them.

John Paige

Lab-14.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users