Aftermarket Remote Entry Install? - Fourth Generation Pontiac Firebird (1993 - 2002) - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket Remote Entry Install?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • First Name:Fernando
  • City:Somewhere In
  • State or Province:NC
  • Year: 2000
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8L V6
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just discovered that my 2000 Firebird driver's door was replaced some time ago with a door from a Firebird that came with remote entry. My car did not come with the remote entry option. Is it possible to install an aftermarket remote entry system?

#2 sea dog

sea dog

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 3021 posts
  • First Name:Robert
  • City:Fruitland Park
  • State or Province:FL
  • Interests:cars, guitars, women, firearms,
  • Year: 1995
  • Model: transam
  • Engine: 5.7 lt1
  • Transmission: 4l60e

Posted 4 weeks ago

I believe it would be. But you need to check and see what's out there. A kit would come with door solenoids, wiring, the computer module,clickers, switches, etc. And it should come with detailed instructions. So stay away from cheap kits sold on ebay, amazon, etc.

They would have instructions written by someone who English is a 2nd language. Get a kit from a local dealer who can give you installation help. Or even install the works.

• Phoenix1 likes this

#3 Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • First Name:Fernando
  • City:Somewhere In
  • State or Province:NC
  • Year: 2000
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8L V6
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 4 weeks ago

I believe it would be. But you need to check and see what's out there. A kit would come with door solenoids, wiring, the computer module,clickers, switches, etc. And it should come with detailed instructions. So stay away from cheap kits sold on ebay, amazon, etc.

They would have instructions written by someone who English is a 2nd language. Get a kit from a local dealer who can give you installation help. Or even install the works.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users