Replacing TH400 in 67 Firebird, Will in Fit? - Drivetrain - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Replacing TH400 in 67 Firebird, Will in Fit?

Th400 67 Firebird

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PontiacFrank61

PontiacFrank61

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Frank
  • City:Massapequa Park
  • State or Province:NY
  • Interests:Cars, Music and Woodworking
  • Year: 1967
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird Convertible
  • Engine: 326
  • Transmission: TH-400

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:10 PM

Hello, I am new to this forum and could sure use help with a fitment issue.

The car has a 326 and originally had a Powerglide trans. In 1988 I installed a TH400 with 4' tail which came out of a 68 Firebird. In addition to the trans I took

the cross member , driveshaft, shifter and console so everything would fit properly , which it did.  I am looking to replace the TH400 with a remanufactured TH400 from B&M. Here's my issue.

I selected a TH400 from B&M with a 4' tail. The part number from B&M is 112003 and the bolt pattern is B.O.P. which will fit Pontiac blocks. But when you look at the fitment info, it says this TH400 will only fit 69 Firebirds and up. Not 67 and 68. Im pretty sure this trans will bolt up to the block, I already have the correct cross member which works for 67, 68 and 69 TH400. Plus the new trans has a 4"tail just like the old one. Ive been on the tech line at Jegs which is where Im ordering the transmission from and they think their fitment info may be wrong but I need to be sure this thing will fit. Or at lest fit with some small mods. I still have time to cancel the order. 

Does anyone know if the TH400 from a 69 FB will fit in a 67 FB? Are the transmission locator pins different in 67 and 69 engines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Th400, 67 Firebird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users