Here is my 1991 Firebird 3.1 project car. It needs paint, body work and some mechanical repairs. The previous owner let is sit uncovered for a couple of years in tall grass. The car runs well and drives. There were snakes and rodents inside the car when it was sitting.
Here are some of the items to be dealt with:
- deal with peeling clear coat and repaint
- front chin spoiler broken and held together with wire
- brakes and brake lines
- headlight doors don't operate properly
- fuel lines
- transmissions lines
- window belt moldings
- hatch trim paint
- rattling catalytic converter
- water pump squealing when hot
- hole in power steering cooler
- hatch pulldown inoperable and missing parts
- hatch struts
- headliner drooping
- LH Seat ripped
- restore emblems
My plan is to make it look good (you know, a 20/20 paint job) and be safe to drive. I am not looking to do a high end restoration and I will be doing the work myself, learning as I go. I don't have a lot of room and will be doing most of the work outside.
First up will be some mechanical work to make sure that that car can be fixed enough to be safe and make the paint work worthwhile.