93-97 TA to Formula front bumper - Fourth Generation Pontiac Firebird (1993 - 2002) - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

93-97 TA to Formula front bumper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WS6MD

WS6MD

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Josh
  • City:Annapolis
  • State or Province:MD
  • Year: 1997
  • Make: Firebird
  • Model: Trans Am WS6
  • Engine: 5.7L LT1
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 4 weeks ago

I used the power of google to look, and there are various thread I have found talking about converting 93-97 cars to the 98-02 style front bumper but not much out there on converting 93-97 cars from the TA to Formula style or vice versa. I have a 97 TA WS6 that now has some damage to the front bumper/cone, and I am considering swapping it out for a Formula front cone with an added front lip/splitter like I found on this listing of a modded 1995 car:

https://www.grautoga...rebird-trans-am

I am wanting to know how involved a conversion like this might be and what parts might be required, other than the bumper itself. A different foam crash bar? Other stuff? Of course, if someone knows where a guide for this already exists, a link to it would be really helpful.

Thanks!

#2 brarei200

brarei200

Firebird Master Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts
  • First Name:Brandon
  • City:Birdsboro
  • State or Province:PA
  • Interests:Firebirds
    Motocross
    Computers
  • Year: 1997
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8L v6
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, It bolts right up. However, the foam crash pad assembly thing is different. If you need one I have one for sale for when I went from the Formula bumper to a TA bumper.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users