79 TA body side mldg - Exterior - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

79 TA body side mldg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aurora723

Aurora723

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • First Name:tony
  • City:wilmingon
  • State or Province:DE
  • Year: 1979
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 403
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:59 AM

My 79 came factory equipped with white body side mldg, it was never reinstalled after previous paint job, is there a specific height and is it above or on the where the body curve is in the center. These were stick on from what I have read on build sheet bingo, who do you recommend I buy them from found some on EBay for 35.00

#2 Maxthe222

Maxthe222

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • First Name:Max
  • City:Sydney
  • State or Province:Other
  • Model: Fire Am
  • Engine: Pontiac 400 W72
  • Transmission: Doug Nash 4+1

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

My 79 came factory equipped with white body side mldg, it was never reinstalled after previous paint job, is there a specific height and is it above or on the where the body curve is in the center. These were stick on from what I have read on build sheet bingo, who do you recommend I buy them from found some on EBay for 35.00

Oh those things, boy lemme tell you it took ages for me to find correct exact reproductions. I think i've got he exact same ones you're looking at on ebay, are those from 78hitman? They are the closest thing to 100% correct availble. When you buy them off him, he sents you a printed out set of instructions straight from the service manual. But in short, if you ook at the body of your 'bird, you will just slightly see where the crest of the doors and fender is. You want to have it perfectly perpendicular to that contour, and you want it ontop of that contour, so right up to the edge on the top side. 

#3 Aurora723

Aurora723

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • First Name:tony
  • City:wilmingon
  • State or Province:DE
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 403
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:51 AM

Hello and thanks for the info, the seller is 78tahitman, so Im assuming this is the same guy, surface prep is just using alcohol to clean the surface?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users