4th Generation Trans Am Bath Tub - Fourth Generation Pontiac Firebird (1993 - 2002) - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

4th Generation Trans Am Bath Tub

Parking Water Leaking

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ginsei9881

Ginsei9881

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • First Name:William
  • City:Albuquerque
  • State or Province:NM
  • Year: 2002
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 5.7 LS1
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:23 PM

So I have been living in New Mexico the entire time I have owned my Trans Am and I have always backed into my driveway which is on a pretty good incline. It rarely rained in New Mexico so I never noticed the problem with parking in this manner. I recently moved to Arkansas and continued parking in the same manner on a good incline. Here it rains a lot and that is how I learned that if you park this way beware. It had been heavily raining for around a week so I have been driving my Jeep then finally a nice day I could drive the Trans Am. I opened the door and there was a lot of water inside. It was practically spilling out the doors. After doing some investigation I found out that if you park this way the water channels around the hatch will fill up then begin spilling inside the car during heavy rains. I got all the water out using a shop vac and put several Damp Rids in it. She will be okay I just figured I would let everyone else know since I have never heard of this before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parking, Water, Leaking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users