Classic Industries Aerowing Spoiler repop fitment - Third Generation Pontiac Firebird (1982 - 1992) - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Classic Industries Aerowing Spoiler repop fitment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ply72rr

ply72rr

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:Barry
  • City:Fayetteville
  • State or Province:NC
  • Year: 1977
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird Trans Am
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: 350

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

Has anyone dealt with one of these misshapen mishmash things CI likes to call a reproduction aerowing? I bought one for my 86 Trans Am, but it's too narrow between the tips, severely warped, and the fiberglass is so thin that I'm finding it difficult to mount to the car and confidently securing it. The rear portion where it mounts to the deck of the hatch is perfect, but the front tips on both sides are no where close to the glass. CI drilled predrilled holes and provided 2 tapered wood screws were intended to be slid into the existing brackets for the factory spoiler, but they just pulled through due to the tension from the warping. Unfortunately, I only checked for damage to the spoiler when it arrived and since the car was in the body shop getting painted already, it didn't cross my mind to check for fitment. Nearly $500 for the this POS and it isn't even close, but money is spent and the spoiler is already painted, so I might as well find some solution, if possible. Han any owners here experienced this product and successfully got it mounted?

#2 ClassicIndustries1

ClassicIndustries1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:Ray
  • City:Huntington Beach
  • State or Province:CA
  • Year: 1982
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 350
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone dealt with one of these misshapen mishmash things CI likes to call a reproduction aerowing? I bought one for my 86 Trans Am, but it's too narrow between the tips, severely warped, and the fiberglass is so thin that I'm finding it difficult to mount to the car and confidently securing it. The rear portion where it mounts to the deck of the hatch is perfect, but the front tips on both sides are no where close to the glass. CI drilled predrilled holes and provided 2 tapered wood screws were intended to be slid into the existing brackets for the factory spoiler, but they just pulled through due to the tension from the warping. Unfortunately, I only checked for damage to the spoiler when it arrived and since the car was in the body shop getting painted already, it didn't cross my mind to check for fitment. Nearly $500 for the this POS and it isn't even close, but money is spent and the spoiler is already painted, so I might as well find some solution, if possible. Han any owners here experienced this product and successfully got it mounted?

Hi Barry,

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the wing for your Firebird.

Please contact us right away and we will do our best to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction.

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

Ray Yager

Classic Industries Corporation

Edited by ClassicIndustries1, 16 January 2020 - 04:54 PM.

#3 ply72rr

ply72rr

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

Ray,

I appreciate reaching out, but before I waste your time or mine, be advised I bought this wing 3 years ago...

#4 ClassicIndustries1

ClassicIndustries1

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:Ray
  • City:Huntington Beach
  • State or Province:CA
  • Year: 1982
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 350

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:06 AM

Hi Barry,

I would like to have someone reach out to you to help you out with this issue anyway.

Please PM me with a phone number or other method of contact, and we will have someone contact you to discuss further.

Best Regards,

Ray Yager

Classic Industries Corporation

#5 ply72rr

ply72rr

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

Classic Industries reached out to me and stated they are tooling now to manufacture their own repop Aerowings, due to the number complaints they've received on their outsourced ones. Although I bought my wing nearly 3-4 years ago, they are willing to replace it at no cost, but it will be about 2 months before it's available. Stay tuned to see how well it fits. 

#6 NOT A TA

NOT A TA

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • First Name:John
  • City:Delray Beach
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1970
  • Make: pontiac
  • Model: Esprit
  • Transmission: auto

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

Classic Industries reached out to me and stated they are tooling now to manufacture their own repop Aerowings, due to the number complaints they've received on their outsourced ones. Although I bought my wing nearly 3-4 years ago, they are willing to replace it at no cost, but it will be about 2 months before it's available. Stay tuned to see how well it fits. 

Excellent! Will be watching for an update.

John Paige

Lab-14.com

#7 ply72rr

ply72rr

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't know if anyone cares, but Classic Industries contacted me this week and said a prototype of their new Aerowing reproduction spoiler is available and will sending one to me for fitment. Hopefully it will be much improved upon the one I got from them years ago. I'm going to guess they will be waiting to see how these things fit on a few cars before they are made available to the general public. 

#8 D Bergy

D Bergy

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • First Name:Dan
  • City:Grand Rapids
  • State or Province:MN
  • Interests:Cars, Alternative medicine, Practicing Guitar
  • Year: 1967
  • Make: Firebird
  • Model: Convertable

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wow. A company that stands behind its product. Impressive.

Dan

#9 95_blackbird

95_blackbird

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • First Name:Marc
  • City:Magnolia
  • State or Province:DE
  • Year: 1995
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: M6

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is great to hear. Most companies after 3 years would have told you sorry about your luck.
I have purchased from classic industries in the past and after seeing this type of customer service I will definitely continue to do so.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

#10 ZumpTA

ZumpTA

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 2164 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • City:Holiday
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1993
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: 6-Spd

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wow. A company that stands behind its product. Impressive.

Dan

No.  It's better than that.  The original unit was not a Classic Industries product.  ...but they are replacing it anyway with one they are developing to address the issues of the defective 3rd party units.  This isn't "standing behind your product", this is "going above and beyond".

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
-- Jeremy S. Anderson

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft...
and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
-- Wernher von Braun

#11 ply72rr

ply72rr

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

No.  It's better than that.  The original unit was not a Classic Industries product.  ...but they are replacing it anyway with one they are developing to address the issues of the defective 3rd party units.  This isn't "standing behind your product", this is "going above and beyond".

This is exactly what they are doing. I was told CI was going to produce their own Aerowing versus outsourcing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users