1st Gen Audio - Automotive Audio Product Reviews - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

1st Gen Audio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barry L

Barry L

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • First Name:Jon
  • City:Suffolk
  • State or Province:VA
  • Year: 1968
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 350
  • Transmission: 2 Speed

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Guys,

I just started searching for a stereo for the 68 for the first time. My understanding is the mount is slanted for these birds and therefore only Classic Car Stereo makes one that fits? Wow based on the prices they really like there stuff! Question is; does anyone have one of these http://www.casmfg.co...bird_Radios.htm and is it worth the $$. Are there other options for a drop in?

Don't get me wrong, a stereo is secondary to the v8 and duel 44s. But something would be nice verses the broken one that's in there now.
Barry

#2 Scottcm

Scottcm

Firebird Master Tech.

• Supporting Member
  • 1118 posts
  • First Name:Cameron
  • City:Havelock
  • State or Province:NC
  • Year: 1969
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: Level II built 2004R

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I feel your pain man, it is even worse for a 69 FB. Unless you run across someone who is willing to sell you a stock one or even one who is selling one you referenced for dirt cheap then your looking at paying a big price. Thats just the nature of having a classic man! It hurts, I know, cause I cant even find one for mine under five big bills!
20200627 122604 resized
20200627 122636 resized

#3 JB955

JB955

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:Jay
  • City:Western Springs
  • State or Province:IL
  • Interests:1st gen, home brewing,
  • Year: 1969
  • Make: pontiac
  • Model: Firebird Convertible
  • Engine: 350
  • Transmission: 3 speed manual

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

Did you ever find a solution for the radio? I am a little confused myself right now. I am looking for a radio for a 1969 firebird and it seems like the custom audio sound 630 is a good one, but it may not fit in my dash. its excluded from the list of available radios.

what did you end up going with?

Guys,

I just started searching for a stereo for the 68 for the first time. My understanding is the mount is slanted for these birds and therefore only Classic Car Stereo makes one that fits? Wow based on the prices they really like there stuff! Question is; does anyone have one of these http://www.casmfg.co...bird_Radios.htm and is it worth the $. Are there other options for a drop in?

Don't get me wrong, a stereo is secondary to the v8 and duel 44s. But something would be nice verses the broken one that's in there now.

#4 mrrman

mrrman

Firebird Master Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts
  • First Name:Frank
  • City:Maple Ridge
  • State or Province:BC
  • Year: 1967
  • Engine: 455
  • Transmission: TH400 auto

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

I have one that I will be installing within a few days or so, just installed the amp. I think I paid about $270 for mine. Mine is similar to the attached link but not exactly. Everything is pricey for these cars!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users