SecretAudio SRMS head unit - Automotive Audio Product Reviews - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

SecretAudio SRMS head unit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wkopplin

Wkopplin

Firebird Oil Changer

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • First Name:Blake
  • City:San Antonio
  • State or Province:TX
  • Year: 1969
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: TH400

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I recently installed this unit in my 1969 convertible for the primary reason that I could hide it in the trunk and maintain the factory stereo in the dash. The unit runs on a RF remote, which works very well. The installation was easy and it hooked up with no problems. Sound it very good and you can hook just about anything to it. I ran everything through a JL 5 channel amp and have been happy with there sound.

What I do not like about this unit:

1.) The stereo does not remember where you left off, so you have to tell it to shuffle and set the playlist every time you get into the car. Not too annoying, just a little.
2.) The remote is cheap and I am not sure how long it will hold up. The volume knob it one you turn and it just feels like it is not well made.
3.) I had to get a second iPod cable because the one that came with it was defective. I called the company, they sent it right out and it worked, so I guess that is probably more of a positive than a negative.
4.) The SRMS unit has had some pretty bad reviews saying it only worked for a short time. We will have to wait and see.

What I do like:

1.) You can hook anything up to it and it works.
2.) Easy to install
3.) Sound quality is good (might be the amp helping, or the Focal speakers)
4.) Fairly simple controls on the remote.
5.) RF remote works great, signal reaches the trunk with no problems at all.
6.) Easy to hide the head unit and keep your factory look in the dash.
7.) Bluetooth module works great, can stream Pandora or iTunes radio with no problem.
I finally finished restoring my car on Friday!!! I am going to start restoring it again on Monday....

#2 WHITE-68

WHITE-68

Firebird Master Tech.

• Global Moderator
  • 2525 posts
  • First Name:Bryon
  • City:Bristow
  • State or Province:OK
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors, and Sports
  • Year: 1968
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 400
  • Transmission: 400

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Would love to see some pictures of the setup Blake!! Still haven't found the perfect truck for you but I am still looking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users